Monday, October 24, 2011

Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

Joy loves to swing!

Lydia is so proud of her bike riding!

We took advantage of these final "summer " like days and spent some time outside today.

Well, here it is! The teriyaki chicken got great reviews from all of us here!  It reminded us of a similar dish we call hawaiian chicken. I think it was because it had pineapple in it. I served marinated tomatoe slices instead of a salad .
Here is the "recipe".
Chicken breasts(I used 2 1/2 lbs.)
half a bottle of teriyaki sauce
1 large can of pineapple
1 chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
I put the chicken on the bottom and "threw" everything else on top. about an hour before we ate I stirred it to make sure all the chicken was coated good. I started on high for 1 hr and then low for 4 hrs. If you start it in the morning I would probably keep it on low. I will definitely add this to my "keeper" crockpot recipes!! With my handy dandy rice cooker  this was an absolut no hassle meal. Gotta love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Blah! This is the third time I'm trying to comment. My first two were lost. Anyway, your meal looks great! I look forward to the rest of the week. :D

    ReplyDelete