Saturday, March 10, 2012

Laundry and Slumber Party

 We have had a good week around here. My mom was with us a couple of days so we really enjoyed that! We had the normal school, cooking,cleaning and washing of clothes. There was only one thing missing from that list.... putting away of the clothes!! I just kept washing them and piling them up in my room:(. Soo, on Friday afternoon while Kevin was gone to do some preaching, in the prisons with Rock of Ages Prison ministry, I decided to attack the laundry monster! It took about 4 hrs. all together(there is ALWAYS more to wash when there are 8 people in a house) but by the time I went to bed the "monster" had been conquered !! It was such a good feeling for my room to be back to normal.
 Last night the children had a slumber party in our living room. They had so much fun! They pulled out the sofa bed and a couple of them slept in the recliners. They ate ice cream and watched a movie. Now I wish I would have gotten a picture. I know that these are memories I will cherish later on when they are grown and gone.
 Today was a restful day for all of us. I cleaned out my pantry closet with the help of Caleb and Lydia. They thought it was so fun to pull out all of the food. It looks much better!! For lunch we had quesadillas with salsa, guacamole and chips. For supper we had shrimp fried rice and corn on the cob! The children had there baths and got in the bed early. With the time changing tomorrow I wanted to be running ahead.
 Well, the kitchen is clean and clothes are laid out for tomorrow. I am going to bed early too. Tomorrow will be a busy day. I enjoy Sundays and I am looking forward to a great Lord's Day!! I pray that you will have one as well!

1 comment:

  1. We had a great Lord's day too. I am glad that the children had fun with the slumber party. :D It's good to hear of your days. Love ya,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete