Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Noodle Soup

Hey! I thought I would share the recipe from our lunch today. It has a LONG name but it is yummy!
                       
                Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Noodle Soup
                                     
                 2 chicken breast ( I use bone in)
                 1 bag frozen broccoli
                 Velveeta  or sliced cheese
                 1 bag of egg noodles
                  Milk
 
Boil your chicken in a pot big enough for the soup. Don't add too much water since you want to be able to add a little milk at the end. After chicken is through cooking remove from pot and dice, cube or shred. Add egg noodles and frozen broccoli to the pot. By the time the noodles are through the broccoli will be too :). You need to keep an eye on it since you there is not a whole lot of extra liquid in the pot. When the noodles and broccoli are done add in your chicken and cheese. I just eyeball the cheese. Today I used 6 pieces of sliced cheese and it was a plenty. At the very end add a little milk to make it soupy. You probably don't HAVE to add the milk but it does add a creamy texture. I wish I could have added a picture but my camera is on the blink :(.  This was the first soup I thought of with this cooler weather today. I like soup anytime of year but there is something special about having it when the temperature starts to fall :)  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that your soup turned out good! Enjoy your day, my friend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup sounds delicious! I love that it only has 5 ingredients too. When fall rolls around we start wanting soup!

    Have a great Sunday.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete